[ewg] OFED Updates

Rupert Dance rsdance at soft-forge.com
Mon Jun 24 13:08:34 PDT 2013

Meeting minutes and notes from the OFA EWG Meeting held on 6/24/2013

Attendees

·         Steve Wise – Chelsio

·         Robert Woodruff - Intel

·         Tatyana Nikolova – Intel

·         Tom Elken - Intel

·         Rupert Dance – Software Forge

Updates

Vlad suggested via email that we name OFED 3.5 point releases using a hyphen
rather than a dot release. His reasoning is that the EWG is working to
insure that we stay synchronized with kernel.org and there is no such thing
a 3.5.1 or 3.5.2 kernel. So the EWG “point” releases will follow thins
format:

·         OFED 3.5-1 not OFED 3.5.1

·         OFED 3.5-2 not OFED 3.5.2

·         etc

OFED Status

OFED 3.5-1

·         OFED 3.5.1 RC1 released on 6/24/2013

o   This release is identical to OFED 3.5 except that it adds support for
RHEL 6.4. There are no new packages.

o   http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/OFED/ofed-3.5-1/OFED-3.5-1-RC1.tgz

·         OFED 3.5.1 RC2

o   Tom Elken from Intel mentioned that they have found an issue with the
Intel True Scale PSM package with RHEL 6.4. This affects both RHEL 6.3 and
RHEL 6.4. Tom wants to review the status and provide a fix which will be
available for RC2. There is a current work around using ZStream kernels

o   Pending the Intel fix – goal is July 15th

·         OFED 3.5.1 GA

o   After fixes have been applied in RC2 we will do a GA. Goal is end of
July.

OFED 3.5.2

·         OFED 3.5.2 Daily Build released on 6/24/2013

o   This release support RHEL 6.4

http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/OFED/ofed-3.5-2-daily/OFED-3.5-2-201306
24-0804.tgz

o   New packages added

§  dapl-2.0.37

§  libcxgb4-1.3.0

§  libibverbs-1.1.7

§  libmlx4-1.0.5

§  librdmacm-1.0.17

§  mstflint-3.0-0.5

§  opensm-3.3.16

§  perftest-2.0-0.50

·         OFED 3.5.2 RC1

o   Woody mentioned that SLES-11 SP3 is about to be released and he would
like to include support for this OS. His team is already working on an
update for their MIC OFED version so he will provide the patches to do this
and we will include it in the OFED 3.5-2 Daily build before we do an RC.

o   2 weeks after Tom Elken, Steve Wise, Tatyana and others have a chance to
review and communicate their plans with their teams.

·         OFED 3.5.2 GA – target is early August

OFED 3.11 or 3.12

·         Goal is to start work in August 2013 and RC in October GA in time
for SC 2013

Open Issues

Mellanox has requested that Software Forge (SFI) take over the maintenance
of OFED and so we have been making a transition from Vlad being the
maintainer to Rupert maintaining this project. Please notify me of any
updated packages and issues that you discover during testing. There are two
addresses that may be used:

·         Rupert: rsdance at soft-forge.com

·         SFI OFA Team: ofs at soft-forge.com

Thanks