[ewg] [ANNOUNCE] OFED 4.8-2-rc1 release is available

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Mon Feb 12 14:37:00 PST 2018

Hello Lijun Ou,

OFED is produced by the OpenFabrics Enterprise working group (EWG). As part of the distribution, we pull in the latest rdma-core stable branch for user space. For the kernel, we build/install modules based on the EWG community needs and maintainer support via the EWG mailing list. Currently, we are based on kernel.org 4.8 and support backports for RH7-7.4 and SLES12-12.3. Some rNIC vendor's not in kernel.org 4.8 have backported into the OFED 4.8 base by working with the EWG. See the following release notes for vendor support details:

http://downloads.openfabrics.org/OFED/release_notes/OFED_4.8-2-rc1-release_notes

After this 4.8-2 release (2-4 weeks if all goes well) we will move to the next major release based on kernel.org 4.15 or 4.16. We would be happy to merge hns in this next release.  Please join ewg mailing list and provide an "hns" maintainer contact for OFED maintenance and backporting.

Regards,

Arlin