[ewg] OFA EWG Meeting: Monday, Nov 21, 2019 - 9:00 am PST - Minutes

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Mon Oct 21 16:32:38 PDT 2019

Attendees                    Company
Bill Snapko                    HPE
Arlin Davis                     Intel

Jim Ryan                        OFA

Bob Woodruff               Intel
Henry Orosco               Intel
Paul Grun                       Cray

Minutes:

*        OFED-5.3 latest - https://downloads.openfabrics.org/downloads/OFED/ofed-5.3-daily/OFED-5.3-20191018-2019.tgz

  *   Latest drop includes changes to help Huawei integrate new hns drivers.
  *   Vlad hasn't received any backport patches, so we have questions:
     *   Do vendors have resources or a commitment to support OFED going forward?
        *   Chelsio, Cavium, Broadcom, VMware was not on call to give guidance.
     *   Would it be better to target a newer kernel, possibly target 5.5 early next year?
  *   Everyone, please confirm your status as stated or provide an update with resource commitment:
     *   Mellanox - Vlad (most backports complete)
     *   Chelsio - Bharat (no resource commitments for OFED 5.3)
     *   Cavium- Michal (no resources to work, disable for 5.3)
     *   Broadcom - Devesh (resources tight, no ETA for backports)
     *   VMware - Adit (new driver patches targeted for 5.5, not ready for 5.3)
     *   Huawei - Lijun Ou (working with Vlad on 5.3 and backports)
     *   Intel (i40iw) - Henry (5.3 support only, no backports supported)

  *   Technical Program Committee ask - themes for 2020
     *   Paul presented a new themes proposal, asked for feedback
        *   Good discussion, will take input back to TPC
        *   Note: my connection dropped; was going to suggest ULP's be added to the picture.
           *   any other input I need to capture in EWG minutes?

Please correct/add anything I missed.

Regards,

Arlin