[ewg] OFA EWG Meeting: Monday, April 6th, 2020 - Agenda

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Fri Apr 3 15:05:44 PDT 2020

The possible value that I see would be:

  1.  There is a bug fix or enhancement that is contained to a vendor driver that the vendor wants to get to a customer without having to wait for the next distro release.
  2.  There is a bug fix in an older distro version and the vendor wants to provide their customer with an updated driver that fixes the bug. Even if the bug fix is available in a newer distro version, some customers do not want to upgrade to a newer distro version just to get a bug fix for one driver.
  3.  There are bug fixes or newer features in the latest user-space rdma-core or other user-space packages that someone wants.

The question is, do people in the EWG want to have a common OFED-lite package with all those updates or would they prefer to just deliver their own updated drivers to their customers which they can already do without any help for the EWG and OFED.

Woody