[ofa-general] Re: multicast join failed for...

Egor Tur worldeb at ukr.net
Wed Apr 11 16:09:11 PDT 2007

Hi folk.

I see that my small problem has been interesting.
Thanks for your help.

> > Rate 6 is 20 Gb/sec whereas 3 is 10 Gb/sec. So the port is 4x DDR (rate
> > 6) and the group is 4x SDR. The request is for equal to the rate so it
> > fails.
> >
> > Are all your ports DDR or do you have a mix ? If all are DDR, you can
> > configure the default partition to use this rate.
>
> To elaborate a little more on this, the configuration would be done via
> /etc/osm-partitions.conf file with a single line as follows:
>
> Default=0x7fff,ipoib,rate=6:ALL=full;

I have identical DDR HCA and DDR switch.
I configured the default partition with the same rate.
The problem has been solved.

> > > If modules was builded with --without-ipoib-cm then ib_ipoib don't depend on ipv6.
> > > But the messages remain the same in log.
>
> Are you using IPoIB (for IPv4) ? If so, is that working ?
>
> -- Hal

Yes I use IPoIB and I think that is working.
At least the tests,  benchmarks and our parallel tasks is working.

Thanx.