[ofa-general] Internal loopback for HCA (with no external cable required)

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Mon Feb 25 00:57:30 PST 2008

Hi.

please look bellow.

Phillip Wilson wrote:
> Internal loopback for HCA (with no external cable required)
>

> <<Questions>>
>
> 1.) Is it possible to modify the ibv_rc_pingpong program for internal loopback?

It supports internal loopback even today (if the daemon and client are
being executed on the same host
and they are using the same IB device + IB port).
> 2.) If each mthca1 port is assigned a LID, can the ibv_rc_pingpong
> program be used as is?

I think that the answer is yes. I didn't check that internal loopback is
working if a LID is assigned
to the IB port and the port state is down, but it should work.

Dotan