[ofa-general] Internal loopback for HCA (with no external cable required)

Phillip Wilson phillipwils at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:25:52 PST 2008

Dotan, the ibv_rc_pingpong program supports internal loopback as you
stated.  I verified
this by removing the cable connected to the ports on the HCA (mthca0); this
HCA (mthca0)
was configured by the opensm program.  Even though the HCA (mthca0) ports
states
are "Down" and the Physical state are "Polling" for each port, the
ibv_rc_pingpong program
was able to perform internal loopback.

Thanks,
Phil

Is there an easy way to force the opensm to configure HCAs that are not
connected to
a (no cables connect to any other device or itself) fabric?  When I say
configure, I mean
assign a Base LID, LMC, and SM LID.

Otherwise, I will modify one of the management diagnostic such as smpquery
to set the
portinfo fields mention above.  Is this a good approach?

Internal Loopback perform on 'mthca0'

[root at hpdst165 ~]# ibstat
CA 'mthca0'
        CA type: MT23108