[ofa-general] IPoIB Connected Mode Throughput Question

Wittawat Tantisiriroj wtantisi at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 28 13:32:42 PST 2008

Thank Eli,
    I haven't thought that CPU was our bottleneck. So, I focused on
tuning TCP and kernel parameters. However, it is the case. With iperf, I
can create two threads simultaneously and use both cores to handle the
network traffic. As the results, it yields much better throughput ~850
MB/s.

    Sadly, this would likely to be a huge issue with TCP when 10GE
becomes widely use.

Wittawat