[ofa-general] infiniband multicast (libibverbs)

Kelly Burkhart kelly at tradebotsystems.com
Thu Nov 6 06:24:57 PST 2008

I believe that the problem was that prior to receiving any messages, I
was posting many recvs using the the same buffer.  I was expecting
that the buffer wouldn't be filled until I polled the cq for the
completion.  Instead, it appears that my buffer was being filled and
then over filled as fast as messages came in.  So when I polled for
the completion of the fifth message, the buffer may already contain
the tenth.

To resolve the issue, I created larger memory region and considered it
a circular buffer.  When I advance posted my recvs, each WR pointed to
a different portion of the MR.  Now I should only have problems If I
can't process messages fast enough and my buffer wraps.

Thanks,

-K