[ofa-general] Loopback connection not working on Chelsio

pandit ib ranjit.pandit.ib at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 20:36:10 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting loopback rdma connections working on Chelsio.

We were told that loopback connections are not supported.

Is this an iWarp or Chelsio specific issue?

What are the issues that is preventing it from working?

Are there plans for supporting this capability?

In our platform, clients and servers could be running on the same node
and they talk to each other via rdma channels.

Btw, here is the error with rping in loopback mode. Our application is
getting the same error.

[root at lv1 ~]# rping -c -v -d -a 192.168.10.30 -p 9999
port 9999
created cm_id 0x12782810
cma_event type RDMA_CM_EVENT_ADDR_RESOLVED cma_id 0x12782810 (parent)
cma_event type RDMA_CM_EVENT_ROUTE_RESOLVED cma_id 0x12782810 (parent)
rdma_resolve_addr - rdma_resolve_route successful
created pd 0x127815d0
created channel 0x12781500
created cq 0x12782c80
created qp 0x12782f50
rping_setup_buffers called on cb 0x12780010
allocated & registered buffers...
rdma_connect error -1
connect error -1
rping_free_buffers called on cb 0x12780010
cq_thread started.
destroy cm_id 0x12782810