[libfabric-users] fabtests on Infiniband

Paolo Inaudi p91paul at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 14:14:06 PST 2016

Hi everybody,
I'm testing libfabric on a Mellanox MT27500 Infiniband network (40
Gb/sec) with fi_msg_pingpong.
I launch the server with

fi_msg_pingpong -f verbs -b 10000

and the client with

fi_msg_pingpong -f verbs -p 10000 10.0.0.1

Communication works, however performance is not as expected. Latency
using ib_send_lat goes up from as low as 0.7 usec, while results from
fi_msg_pingpong don't get under 4.3 usec (I modified the test_size array
in shared.c to get tests to start from 2 bytes and go up on all powers
of 2).

Something wrong is clearly happening: I suspect a configuration issue
with the verbs provider. Anybody on this list has any clue about where
should I investigate?

I have to add this is my first experience with Infiniband, so sorry if I
am missing something obvious here.

Thanks,
Paolo

PS. Good timing in opening the users list, just when I needed it :)