[libfabric-users] pingpong example

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Feb 8 12:18:19 PST 2016

> OK, so now I have all the code from the OFI tutorial in a 'pingpong.c'
> file.  Is that useful to the project?   Goodell mentioned to me some of
> the code in the tutorial had not kept up with libfabric changes.
>
> fabtests already has a pingpong, and it doesn't seem like something that
> needs to be part of .  Does the tutorial live in github somewhere?  I'd
> like to contribute pingpong.c but I'm not sure where it should go.

There is a fabtests git tree under the ofiwg project.  All examples should go in there.  The tutorial itself does not live in github.

The fabtests pingpong tests just moved into a benchmark directory.  They now target performance based on how MPI would use the interfaces.  You can see if the pingpong.c differs significantly from what's there (it may at this point), and if so, then I would look at adding it into fabtests under another location -- maybe the simple directory?

Thanks,