[libfabric-users] 1-n connected endpoints

Maurizio Drocco drocco at di.unito.it
Wed Jun 1 02:06:00 PDT 2016

Hi All,

I am submitting another question raised from integrating libfabric into
FastFlow.

I need to setup a 1-N communication, in which a single "master" process
talks to N "slave" processes in a connection-oriented fashion (the
a3cube provider only supports connection-oriented for message passing).

I found a working solution, but I am not sure it is the best one: the
master process has N endpoints (created as accepted connections) and
only a pair (TX/RX) of completion queues. Master posts requests to the
RX queue and includes as context the index of the respective endpoint,
so when it "consumes" a RX event it knows the source slave and it can
re-posts another RX request from the same endpoint.
I guess this works since completion queues are not FIFO, right?

Do you have any comment to improve my solution?

Thank you.

--
Maurizio Drocco
PhD Student