[libfabric-users] GNI provider

Eisenhauer, Greg S eisen at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 18 15:52:38 PDT 2016

Hi Folks,

I was trying to work with libfabric on Cori with the gni provider and have run into an early roadblock just trying to exercise runfabtests.sh in order to make sure everything was working. Have tried both v1.2 and current GIT HEAD for libfabric and fabtests.  Am I missing something basic?  A requirement to set SERVER, CLIENT or GOOD_ADDR?    Output from fi_info, trying to run an individual test manually (other tests show similar output), and output from ‘runfabtests.sh gni’ are included below.  I may be doing something stupid, but browsing various wikis, email lists and other resources for a while hasn’t produced any answers, so I thought I’d ask here.

thanks,
greg

eisen at nid00050:~/fabtests-1.2.0/scripts> fi_info
gni: gni
    version: 1.0
    type: FI_EP_RDM
    protocol: FI_PROTO_GNI
UDP: UDP-IP
    version: 1.0
    type: FI_EP_DGRAM
    protocol: FI_PROTO_UDP
sockets: IP
    version: 1.0
    type: FI_EP_MSG
    protocol: FI_PROTO_SOCK_TCP
sockets: IP
    version: 1.0
    type: FI_EP_DGRAM
    protocol: FI_PROTO_SOCK_TCP
sockets: IP
    version: 1.0
    type: FI_EP_RDM
    protocol: FI_PROTO_SOCK_TCP
eisen at nid00050:~/fabtests-1.2.0/scripts> fi_msg_rma -o write -I 5 -f gni
fi_getinfo(): common/shared.c:340, ret=-61 (No data available)
eisen at nid00050:~/fabtests-1.2.0/scripts> ./runfabtests.sh gni
# Test                                                  Result
# --------------------------------------------------------------
fi_av_test -d 192.168.10.1 -n 1 -s 127.0.0.1 -f gni:    Notrun
fi_dom_test -n 2 -f gni:                                Pass
fi_eq_test -f gni:                                      Fail
fi_size_left_test -f gni:                               Fail
fi_cq_data -f gni:                                    Notrun
fi_dgram -f gni:                                      Notrun
fi_dgram_waitset -f gni:                              Notrun
fi_msg -f gni:                                        Notrun
fi_msg_epoll -f gni:                                  Notrun
fi_msg_sockets -f gni:                                Notrun
fi_poll -f gni:                                       Notrun
fi_rdm -f gni:                                        Notrun
fi_rdm_rma_simple -f gni:                             Notrun
fi_rdm_rma_trigger -f gni:                            Notrun
fi_rdm_shared_ctx -f gni:                             Notrun
fi_rdm_tagged_peek -f gni:                            Notrun
fi_scalable_ep -f gni:                                Notrun
fi_cmatose -f gni:                                    Notrun
fi_msg_pingpong -I 5 -f gni:                          Notrun
fi_msg_rma -o write -I 5 -f gni:                      Notrun
fi_msg_rma -o read -I 5 -f gni:                       Notrun
fi_msg_rma -o writedata -I 5 -f gni:                  Notrun
fi_rdm_atomic -I 5 -o all -f gni:                     Notrun
fi_rdm_cntr_pingpong -I 5 -f gni:                     Notrun
fi_rdm_inject_pingpong -I 5 -f gni:                   Notrun
fi_rdm_multi_recv -I 5 -f gni:                        Notrun
fi_rdm_pingpong -I 5 -f gni:                          Notrun
fi_rdm_rma -o write -I 5 -f gni:                      Notrun
fi_rdm_rma -o read -I 5 -f gni:                       Notrun
fi_rdm_rma -o writedata -I 5 -f gni:                  Notrun
fi_rdm_tagged_pingpong -I 5 -f gni:                   Notrun
fi_ud_pingpong -I 5 -f gni:                           Notrun
fi_rc_pingpong -n 5 -f gni:                           Notrun
fi_rc_pingpong -n 5 -e -f gni:                        Notrun
# Total Pass                                                 1
# Total Notrun                                              31
# Total Fail                                                 2
# Percentage of Pass                                        33
eisen at nid00050:~/fabtests-1.2.0/scripts>

Greg Eisenhauer
eisen at cc.gatech.edu<mailto:eisen at cc.gatech.edu>