[libfabric-users] Using the verbs provider with manual address exchange

LESNICKI, PIOTR piotr.lesnicki at atos.net
Thu Sep 1 10:54:48 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm new to OFI, and I am writing a simple hello program in IB.

Looking at the example in fabtests, rc_pingpong.c uses RDMACM to
connect to peers. How do I do the address exchange myself ?

I tried to write something with AVs based on the tutorial/starting
guide, but maybe it is only for unconnected endpoints. Using AVs I can
get something working with sockets (though without the CQs) but not
with the verbs provider (fi_av_open is unimplemented with FI_MSG, and
with FI_RDM I can't get a verbs fabric object).

fi_info gives me:
provider: verbs
    fabric: IB-0x80fe
    domain: mlx4_0