[libfabric-users] fi_read completion event (Biddiscombe, John A.)

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Mar 10 10:57:55 PST 2017

I gave up with verbs and moved the cray (which I need more urgently). I’m using the GNI provider now with endpoint type RDM

(The connectionless model is fabulous – so much less code now handling connection setup).

Still no completions though. Trying to work on a train with dodgy wifi, so not making much progress.

Do I need to set  (waiting to test this)
           fabric_hints_->tx_attr->op_flags = FI_COMPLETION;
           fabric_hints_->rx_attr->op_flags = FI_COMPLETION;
can’t test it yet due to ssh dropouts

I tried adding READ/WRITE to these flags, but that causes an error abiout unsupported mode or type or something.
                ret = fi_ep_bind(*new_endpoint, &txcq->fid, FI_TRANSMIT/* | FI_READ | FI_WRITE*/);

So I guess that’s a red herring. I will keep experimenting

JB

On 10.03.17, 19:46, "Hefty, Sean" <sean.hefty at intel.com> wrote:

    > Is there something else I need to look out for? I can confirm that I
    > get recv/send completions and all is fine, but nothing for fi_read.

    I spent a few minutes looking through the code here:

    https://github.com/biddisco/hpx/blob/libfabric/plugins/parcelport/libfabric/

    I checked the calls to getinfo, ep_bind, cq_open, fi_read, cq_read, etc.  Nothing that I saw stood out as an obvious issue.  :/  Even if the read failed, you should still get some sort of completion, with fi_cq_read returning -FI_EAVAIL.

    I'm assuming that you're using the verbs provider with FI_MSG endpoints.