[libfabric-users] RDM send fails

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Nov 28 12:51:33 PST 2018

> > RxM creates the underlying connection only when the first transfer
> is attempted to a given peer.  You will see EAGAIN until the
> connection completes.
>
> That makes sense. I guess there is no way to get notified of the
> connection via an event?

An event is delivered to the RxM provider, but that is not exposed.  This is an implementation detail of how rxm works in conjunction with a MSG provider.  Not all RDM providers would have a similar restriction.  More native ones probably wouldn't.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure what a good solution would be for avoiding the first message setup latency, particularly one that wouldn't make things worse on the app.