[libfabric-users] Simple libfabric Hello World Program

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 12:37:29 PDT 2019

 I was able to compile and get this example working.  However, it does not use RDMA, as far as I can tell: the endpoint types are FI_EP_MSG and there are no memory regions declared in the code. Is that correct?  If so, how would I modify this example to use RDMA to send a message from one node to another?

    On Thursday, July 25, 2019, 11:03:08 AM UTC, Jörn Schumacher <jorn.schumacher at cern.ch> wrote:

 Hi James,

On 7/24/19 10:16 PM, James Board via Libfabric-users wrote:
> Thanks.  I'm aware of fabtests.  But, they contain thousands of lines of
> code and well over a hundred subroutines.  It's difficult to follow the
> flow of control.  I'm looking for a simple "Hello World" type of
> program: something that contains the minimal amount of code necessary to
> send RMA messages between nodes.  It's easier for me to start with a
> simple example and make it do what I want versus starting with a complex
> example.

Here is a simple client/server example:
https://gist.github.com/joerns/7f6a97a6504214db04c68df6dac5b253

I wrote it a couple of years ago for my own learning purposes. It's a
bit out-of-date with respect to current libfabric versions, but I don't
think anything major changed.

Cheers,
  Jörn