[libfabric-users] Error on install: src/.libs/libfabric.so: undefined reference to `ucm_config_modify'

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Feb 25 14:10:07 PST 2019

> > I tried to install 1.6.2 and 1.7 from tarball but I get this error.
> >
> > I attached the console log for the install and marked the suspicious line
> that
> > might cause the error but i can’t be sure.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Can you manually disable the mlx provider from your build?  The underlying
> library for that provider does not maintain a stable API.

Note that I've added PRs to disable the mlx provider by default.  I'll apply those to the 1.6.x, 1.7.x, and master branch.

If you use:

./configure --enable-mlx=no

that will disable the provider and should allow the build to proceed.  Any mlx hardware that you have will still be supported by the verbs provider.