[libfabric-users] Issues while running fabtests with shm provider

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Jul 12 12:45:18 PDT 2019

> I had a older version of libfabric (1.7) installed on my system and test cases were
> using them. After setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the new libraries its working fine.
>
> I have a question on support for atomic operations.
> Are there any plans to include support for 128bit atomics for socket provider or shm
> provider?

The sockets provider will not be updated.  It has been replaced by the tcp provider, used in conjunction with our utility providers.  Both of those should support the full set of atomic operations that are defined which are available on the local system.  Are you looking for support for long double, or some other 128-bit datatype?