[libfabric-users] Simple libfabric Hello World Program

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Jul 24 13:05:11 PDT 2019

> I'm new to the libfabric world.  I've been reading man pages and whatever online
> documentation I can find, but it's still unclear to me how to do the most basic things.
> Does anyone know of a simple "Hello World" program that sends RMA messages between two
> nodes?

You can look at the test apps, which are part of the same git repo:

https://github.com/ofiwg/libfabric/tree/master/fabtests

Look under fabtests/functional for dgram.c, msg.c, or rdm.c, depending on the endpoint type that you're wanting.  Those will perform message transfers between nodes.

A more stand-alone program also ships with libfabric:

https://github.com/ofiwg/libfabric/blob/master/util/pingpong.c

That will send messages between nodes using either the 'msg' or 'tagged' interfaces.  If you're wanting actual RMA transfers, rdm_rma_simple.c under fabtests/functional might be closest.