[libfabric-users] Shared Rx and Connected

Doug Oucharek dougso at me.com
Fri Sep 6 14:35:20 PDT 2019

It seems to me that using a Shared Rx context and 1 CQ with connected endpoints is very much like running connectionless: when a message is received, I cannot see an obvious way to determine the source of the message.  The CQ entry does not have the endpoint in it and I cannot get AVs to work with the TCP or verbs provider (thus I cannot use fi_cq_readfrom).

Is there an easy way to determine the source address/endpoint of a received message in this scenario?  Would it make sense to include the ep fid in the CQ entry to help?

Doug