[libfabric-users] Shared Rx and Connected

Doug Oucharek dougso at me.com
Mon Sep 9 13:00:16 PDT 2019

For the immediate future, I think I can work around not having readfrom by exchanging some local 64-bit context information as the parameters for connect and accept.  Then, change fi_send calls to fi_senddata and provide the remote’s context as the data.  This will provide an easy way to map an incoming message to a local context.

Longer term, it seems we could really use another fi_cq_readfrom() specific to connected endpoints.  Rather than return an fi_addr_t, it should return a fid_ep pointer.  It would be great to extend fi_cq_readfrom() with an extra parameter, but that would break existing code so perhaps creating a new call would be best.  Something like:

ssize_t fi_cq_readfromconn(struct fid_cq *cq, void *buf, size_t count,
    struct fid_eq **src_ep);
The local context could be retrieved from the context of the src_ep’s.

Did you want me to create an issue on this to track it?

Doug