[libfabric-users] Scalable endpoints

Biddiscombe, John A. john.biddiscombe at cscs.ch
Tue Dec 1 05:27:18 PST 2020

Hello list

I'm getting not so great performance with small messages when using one endpoint with a single send queue and a single receive queue and N threads all sending and polling randomly. I looked through slides and saw mention of scalable endpoints being designed for lockless multi-threaded use.

I can't seem to find extra info anywhere and would like to read up a bit and see how to improve things. Are there any good resources (like a tutorial recorded from a workshop?). Also I've forgotten much of what I used to know and see some code I've left in my stuff that creates a shared receive context, but I never use it for anything. I can't remember what the context is for and would like to relearn this stuff. (I don't even remember what I need the contexts for now).

Should I have a single endpoint per thread for sending and a shared one for receiving from all threads? should I have scalable endpoints  etc etc. Where can I find a good place to find out this info?

Thanks

JB