[libfabric-users] Cannot establish a connection with verbs; ofi_rxm

Hubert Hirtz hubert.hirtz at laposte.net
Mon Jun 29 01:35:00 PDT 2020

>> 3. The client sends its socket address in a message to the server and
>> waits for a completion.
>
> If the client sends its address to the server, you should not need FI_SOURCE.

The server is using `fi_cq_readfrom` to know the source of later
messages, which don't contain the address of the sender.  The first
message is by convention the address so that the server can insert it in
the AV.

>> The logs[0] show at line #178-187 that no verbs provider have been
>> found, however `fi_getinfo` still returns a valid verb provider.  I am
>> confused, could you please shed some light on this?
>
> I'm confused looking at the logs as well.  What version of libfabric are you using?
>
> I believe verbs builds a list of fi_info structs to match against hints.  Some of those will not match, which could be what you're seeing.  However, the logs really need more detail to help here, possibly adding some messages for positive matches.

Ah, my bad.  I have been using version 1.6 all this time...  It works
with version 1.10.0, though it still doesn't use `FI_CONTEXT`.

Hubert