[libfabric-users] what does -FI_EALREADY mean?

Titus, Greg gregory.titus at hpe.com
Mon Jun 29 12:46:09 PDT 2020

Hi all --

In running a test case at moderately large scale (64 nodes, 128 tx endpoints per node) on a Cray CS system with libfabric 1.10.1 and the verbs;ofi_rxm provider, we saw a -FI_EALREADY ("Operation already in progress") return value from a fi_write() call.  Can anyone out there give me more information as to what that error code might indicate is going wrong?  The man pages don't really contain anything except that error text.

Thanks!

greg