[nvmewin] binary for the pending release

Chang, Alex Alex.Chang at idt.com
Thu Apr 26 19:47:34 PDT 2012

The race condition issue of INTx can be easily re-produced and it has two problems:
1. Masking/Unmasking logic: When NVMeIsrIntx gets called, it should not assign pAE->IntxMasked as FALSE. Instead, we should do something related to masking/unmasking only when we confirm the ownership, i.e., there is pending completions. When DPC is called, after fetching valid completed entry, mask the interrupt and then mark pAE->IntMasked as TRUE. Before exiting DPC, check pAE->IntMasked, unmask it and set pAE->IntMasked as FALSE only when pAE->IntMasked is TRUE.
2. Interrupt ownership claiming: the driver always claims the interrupt, which may cause some device malfunction when sharing the interrupt.

The errors I found in nvme.h and nvmereg.h are also quite mismatching with NVMe specification 1.0b. For example, when using Set Features command to configure interrupt coalescing, the both fields of DW11, aggregation time and threshold, are swapped.

Thanks,
Alex