[nvmewin] ProcessIO Function

Chang, Alex Alex.Chang at idt.com
Thu Jan 19 10:40:14 PST 2012

Hi all

I tested Format NVM last night and it basically works fine. However,
when I re-visited the state machine, there is potential problem related
to ProcessIo function, which completes the request back to Storport in
error cases. The return value of ProcessIo only indicates whether the
command had been issued to controller or not. It does NOT tell if it
completes the request. In SNTI codes, Ray re-uses the Srb Extension to
issue command(s). If ProcessIO fails, ASSERTION is called. Should I do
the same if it fails when re-fetching Identify structures after Format
NVM succeeds? Question is we don't want to complete the same request
twice. We should talk about this later.

Thanks,
Alex