[nvmewin] ProcessIO Function

Luse, Paul E paul.e.luse at intel.com
Thu Jan 19 11:05:55 PST 2012

Hi Alex-

I'm not totally sure I understand what you are trying to say but I think I do.  What does "In SNTI codes" mean?  I assume you're saying that there's some inconsistency with what some callers are assuming about the return value from ProcessIO() and, if so, good catch!  Clearly we cannot complete the same IO twice J  Haven't seen your formatNVM code yet but if any of the sub-commands you need to issue as art of handling formatNVM fails then you should fail the whole command gracefully.  Also, how does any of this relate to init state machine?

We may not have time to talk about this in the meeting so if you could reply and identify specific cases where you see callers of ProcessIO doing the wrong thing and propose a fix that would be great.  I don't believe we want the caller to have to complete the IO if processIO fails, procession should do that however just looking at the code doesn't consistently do that.  We should scrub it so that callers know that if procession fails that the IO has been completed and if it completes the IO has been issued.  We should also fix procession to complete all failures with appropriate error codes.

Thanks
Paul