[nvmewin] Patch Review Request

Luse, Paul E paul.e.luse at intel.com
Mon Mar 5 07:51:46 PST 2012

Thanks Alex - LSI, you guys good?

FYI I met with some Msft folks last week and learned a few things about the storport performance options, I'll be running some experiments this week and let you all know what comes of them, I suspect the following though for my next patch:

-         Removal of MSI address decode method for determining vector/queue mapping.  It doesn't support logical mode which can be a function of OS (and is for Server 8).  Prefer the learning method over storport hints for MSI vector because its simple and works independent of OS or HW config as its based on what is happening on the system that its running on

-         Addition of DPC steering back to init; this controls the storport DPC completion, not the miniport, so it's a benefit regardless of what we do in the miniport.  Our DPC will run on the same core that our ISR runs on regardless of this setting.

-         Have some experimentation to do with concurrent channels, not clear whether this will work for us or not but will let you all know

I'll be setting up a meeting shortly for next week to review release plans.

Thx
Paul