[nvmewin] Release 1.4 Plan and schedule
Alex.Chang at pmcs.com
Wed Jul 2 18:02:15 PDT 2014
Thank you, Judy and Suman. Looking forward to working with you both!
From: nvmewin-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org [mailto:nvmewin-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On Behalf Of Judy Brock-SSI
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 5:59 PM
To: Kwok Kong; nvmewin at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: Re: [nvmewin] Release 1.4 Plan and schedule
FYI, Suman Prakash will be driving the development work and submissions on behalf of Samsung. Both Suman and I will support the integration and acceptance of these submissions.
Thanks a lot,
From: nvmewin-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org<mailto:nvmewin-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org> [mailto:nvmewin-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On Behalf Of Kwok Kong
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 3:12 PM
To: nvmewin at lists.openfabrics.org<mailto:nvmewin at lists.openfabrics.org>
Subject: [nvmewin] Release 1.4 Plan and schedule
I am happy to announce that we now have a solid plan with commitment from a few companies to contribute to the 1.4 release of the driver by Nov 2014. Thanks to all the companies who contribute resource to make it happen. The plan is to follow as:
Code commit order and Feature By Date Note
1. Migrate to VS2013, WDK 8.1 Tom Freeman at hgst end of July
2. WHQL Certification test Alex Chang at PMC early Aug include suggestion by Samsung
3. buglist as suggested by Samsung (attached) Judy @Samsung Mid Aug
4. WPP Tracing/WMI processing Tom Freeman at hgst end of Aug
5. NVMe format enhancement Alex Chang at PMC early Sep
6. Bus reset enhancement Judy at Samsung Mid Sep
7. Hot plug/swap Judy @Samsung End of Oct
Release 1.4 will be tested with VS2013, WDK 8.1 only. Older version of the tools may work but not be verified by the working group.
Let's focus on getting release 1.4 out by Nov 2014. Go team Go.
Here is the meeting note for the May 21 2014 meeting:
NVMe OFA Windows Driver Meeting Note (May 21, 2014)
1. Reviewed 1.3 release
- No further comment from the group.
2. The group agreed on the following features for the 1.4 Release
- Driver Trace feature (WPP tracing) - Tom Freeman at hgst
- WMI commands processing - Tom Freeman at hgst
- Migrate to VS2013, WDK 8.1 - Tom Freeman at hgst
- WHQL Certification test - Alex Chang at PMC
- NVMe format enhancement / bug fix - Alex Chang at PMC
3. Expected release date for 1.4 is Nov 2014
4. Hot plug (graceful hot add/remove) and hot swap (surprised hot add/remove)
features were discussed. Austin bolen from Dell said that surprise hot add/remove
had been in the PCIe standard since version 1. We should support it in future
release of the driver.
We would consider adding hot plug/swap support in future release of the driver.
5. The group reviewed the bug list / new features per suggestion from Judy @ Samsung.
- We agreed that everything on the list should be fixed.
- Need volunteers to work on the fix with the 1.4 release
- Judy was going to check with her management team if she could submit patches to fix
all these problems.
Features that are not supported currently
NVMe 1.1 support:
- Get/Set feature update
- Autonomous power state transition
- Host Identifier
- Reservation Notification Mask
- Reservation Persistence
- identify structure update
- write zeros command
End to End Protection
Hot Plug (graceful hot add/remove)
Hot Swap (surprised hot add/remove)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the nvmewin