[nvmewin] Release 1.4 planning meeting note - 5-21-14

Kwok Kong Kwok.Kong at pmcs.com
Wed May 21 19:08:27 PDT 2014

NVMe OFA Windows Driver Meeting Note (May 21, 2014)

Meeting Status
==============

1.            Reviewed 1.3 release
                - No further comment from the group.

2.            The group agreed on the following features for the 1.4 Release

                - Driver Trace feature (WPP tracing) - Tom Freeman at hgst
                - WMI commands processing - Tom Freeman at hgst
                - Migrate to VS2013, WDK 8.1 - Tom Freeman at hgst
                - WHQL Certification test - Alex Chang at PMC
                - NVMe format enhancement / bug fix - Alex Chang at PMC

3.            Expected release date for 1.4 is Nov 2014

4.            Hot plug (graceful hot add/remove) and hot swap (surprised hot add/remove)
                features were discussed. Austin bolen from Dell said that surprise hot add/remove
                had been in the PCIe standard since version 1.  We should support it in future
                release of the driver.

                We would consider adding hot plug/swap support in future release of the driver.

5.            The group reviewed the bug list / new features per suggestion from Judy @ Samsung.
                - We agreed that everything on the list should be fixed.
                - Need volunteers to work on the fix with the 1.4 release
                - Judy was going to check with her management team if she could submit patches to fix
                  all these problems.

Features that are not supported currently

                NVMe 1.1 support:
                - multi-path
                - SGL
                - Get/Set feature update