[nvmewin] Issue with the latest OFA driver

Tom Freeman thomas.freeman at wdc.com
Wed Feb 8 11:31:32 PST 2017

Ray,
Unless I'm missing something, it appears the change to remove CNTID from Identify commands did not make it into 1.5

Here is the relevant code from the fix I submitted:

    /* Populate submission entry fields */
    pIdentify = &pNVMeSrbExt->nvmeSqeUnit;
    pIdentify->CDW0.OPC = ADMIN_IDENTIFY;

   pIdentifyCDW10 = (PADMIN_IDENTIFY_COMMAND_DW10) &pIdentify->CDW10;
    /* Set the type of identify command */
    pIdentifyCDW10->CNS = CNS;

    switch (CNS) {

Here is the same code in the trunk and the 1.5 release source:

/* Populate submission entry fields */

    pIdentify = &pNVMeSrbExt->nvmeSqeUnit;

    pIdentify->CDW0.OPC = ADMIN_IDENTIFY;

    pIdentifyCDW10 = (PADMIN_IDENTIFY_COMMAND_DW10) &pIdentify->CDW10;

    /* Set the type of identify command */

    pIdentifyCDW10->CNS = CNS;

    /* Select the controller to talk to */

    pIdentifyCDW10->CNTID = CNTID;

    switch (CNS) {

Can we get this updated, including the 1.5 builds?

Thanks,

Tom Freeman
Software Engineer, Device Manager and Driver Development

HGST, a Western Digital brand