[Ofa_boardplus] August 10, 2017 minutes

Christoph Lameter christoph at lameter.com
Mon Aug 14 11:45:21 PDT 2017

Hmmm... I have some trouble recognizing what I said in these minutes
lately. Gotta make myself clearer?

I liked the proposal by Susan because it would allow us to move
forward and work out the details on how both of these positions would
work as we move ahead. The mission statement was brought up by Paul as
far as I can recall. I think that these new positions will work within
the context of the mission statement but I do not think that the
mission statement could be defined in an iterative process. The actual
functioning of those positions has to be worked out which is
independent of the missions.

I think it is important to spend money towards the future of an OFA.
An OFA that is relevant and contributes towards its missions which is
the enhancement of RDMA software.  That the OFA contributes in a
significant way to RDMA technology is often questioned by open source
developers. Threatening is going a bit far.