[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Board Agenda 8/31

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Thu Aug 31 09:33:04 PDT 2017

OFIWG Update for 8/31 Board Meeting
- Continuing to investigate enhancements to the libfabric API for supporting Persistent Memory by exploring NVML (pmem.io) as a proxy application.
- Sean delivered an updated libfabric tutorial at Hot Interconnects.  The slides will be posted in the OFIWG work group area here: http://downloads.openfabrics.org/WorkGroups/ofiwg/Industry_presentations/ (they are not there yet, but will be shortly).
- As a result of the OFA's participation at the Flash Memory Summit, we have re-established contact with the Gen-Z Consortium.  This resulted in an exploratory meeting between the OFA and the Consortium.  Key outcomes of that discussion:
- Gen-Z supports libfabric
- Gen-Z has an Open Source IP model more-or-less identical to ours.  This will make cooperation between us much easier.
- Names were provided to the OFA of the folks from the Gen-Z Consortium who are focusing on libfabric.  Paul has the AR to build on that connection.

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Ofa_boardplus [mailto:ofa_boardplus-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On
>Behalf Of Woodruff, Robert J
>Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 9:09 AM
>To: Coulter, Susan K <skc at lanl.gov>; Aguilar, Michael J. <mjaguil at sandia.gov>
>Cc: ofa_boardplus at lists.openfabrics.org
>Subject: Re: [Ofa_boardplus] OFA Board Agenda 8/31
>Here is the EWG working group update for this month:
>Work has started on OFED-4.8-1. The major new features are addition of the new
>upstream Broadcom and Cavium Roce drivers, plus backports for NFS/RDMA.
>The release will also pull in the latest upstream rdma-core V15 and fix a couple
>more SRP bugs and a new other bug fixes for various vendor drivers. Initial daily
>builds are available for testing at: http://downloads.openfabrics.org/OFED/ofed-
>Still waiting for some backports for NFS/RMDA and the new drivers and waiting
>for the GA release of rdma-core v15, which is expected in a couple of weeks.
>Once those are completed and pulled in, we will release RC1 and come back to
>the OFA board to get GA release approval.
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Ofa_boardplus [mailto:ofa_boardplus-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On
>Behalf Of Coulter, Susan K
>Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:23 PM
>To: ofa_boardplus at lists.openfabrics.org ,
><ofa_boardplus at lists.openfabrics.org>
>Subject: [Ofa_boardplus] OFA Board Agenda 8/31
>Attached is the Board agenda and >draft< contracts for Executive Director and
>Maintainer positions.
>( to Scott’s point about getting a handle on actual costs )
>The minutes I have from the 7/20 Board meeting are not the updated version, so I
>have not attached them.
>Mike, I believe, is out this week - so we may need to skip the approval of the July
>minutes for now.
>Meeting807 839 671
>+1-415-655-0002 US Toll
>Ofa_boardplus mailing list
>Ofa_boardplus at lists.openfabrics.org

More information about the Ofa_boardplus mailing list