[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Board Agenda 8/31

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Thu Aug 31 09:33:04 PDT 2017

OFIWG Update for 8/31 Board Meeting
- Continuing to investigate enhancements to the libfabric API for supporting Persistent Memory by exploring NVML (pmem.io) as a proxy application.
- Sean delivered an updated libfabric tutorial at Hot Interconnects.  The slides will be posted in the OFIWG work group area here: http://downloads.openfabrics.org/WorkGroups/ofiwg/Industry_presentations/ (they are not there yet, but will be shortly).
- As a result of the OFA's participation at the Flash Memory Summit, we have re-established contact with the Gen-Z Consortium.  This resulted in an exploratory meeting between the OFA and the Consortium.  Key outcomes of that discussion:
- Gen-Z supports libfabric
- Gen-Z has an Open Source IP model more-or-less identical to ours.  This will make cooperation between us much easier.
- Names were provided to the OFA of the folks from the Gen-Z Consortium who are focusing on libfabric.  Paul has the AR to build on that connection.