[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Executive Director information

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Mon Jul 24 09:18:20 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:52:23PM +0000, Coulter, Susan K wrote:

> Attached please find a job description, and the proposed contract
> for your review.

Typically an Executive Director of an oranization like the OFA would
primarily be responsible for the organzation - so interacting with the
existing membership, recuruiting new membership and basically ensuring
the membership/organization relationship remains strong.

This obviously falls into stewarding/implementing the core mission of
the organization, and usualy the ED has an authority to 'sign for' the
organization, within a certain board determined scope (to help things
runs smoothly).

So for instance, I don't know why the ED should liase with
SNIA/etc, or providate a 'historical context' in a general sense.

If we are to hire and ED, I would suggest the first goal and priorty
is to solve the mission statement problem so that the ED's jobs can
actually be defined :)

Jason