[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Executive Director information

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 24 11:51:02 PDT 2017

> On Jul 24, 2017, at 11:48 AM, Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 04:57:58PM +0000, Coulter, Susan K wrote:
>>
>> Jason, You are correct about a typical ED position.  The OFA is
>> slightly different - in that many ED job descriptions include
>> managing staff, of which we have none at this time.
>
> OFA does have various contractors (UHN-IOL, LF, Mkting, etc) that do
> things on behalf of the OFA, the ED should be responsible for
> overseeing all of those relationships.
>
>> It seems appropriate to tailor the job to what we need and - in this
>> case - to what Jim’s skills are.
>
> If Jim is not being asked to do the typical ED job then call it
> something different..

We proposed a different title previously - along the lines of “Special Projects CoOrdinator”.
Perhaps we should go back to that.

> And I still think the first priority has to be to identify a mission
> for the OFA.

Fair enough.

> I actually think that is a hard job that is going to
> require someone to have to many private conversations with a variety
> of the membership.

We have been having private conversations with the members for the last couple weeks.
That effort is underway.

> Jason

Susan Coulter / HPC-DES
Network Capability Lead
(505) 667-8425
“Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right”  Robert Hunter