[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Executive Director information

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Mon Jul 24 10:48:06 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 04:57:58PM +0000, Coulter, Susan K wrote:

> Jason, You are correct about a typical ED position.  The OFA is
> slightly different - in that many ED job descriptions include
> managing staff, of which we have none at this time.

OFA does have various contractors (UHN-IOL, LF, Mkting, etc) that do
things on behalf of the OFA, the ED should be responsible for
overseeing all of those relationships.

> It seems appropriate to tailor the job to what we need and - in this
> case - to what Jim’s skills are.

If Jim is not being asked to do the typical ED job then call it
something different..

And I still think the first priority has to be to identify a mission
for the OFA. I actually think that is a hard job that is going to
require someone to have to many private conversations with a variety
of the membership.

Jason