[Ofa_boardplus] Special OFA Board Meeting 3/23

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Thu Mar 16 12:54:14 PDT 2017

> On Mar 16, 2017, at 1:15 PM, Gilad Shainer <Shainer at Mellanox.com> wrote:
>
> Susan,
>
> For special board meeting there is no 15 days rule. The bylaws requires 15 days notice for Member Meetings.  In the section for Board meetings, it only says that special meetings may be called by the Chair.  There is no minimum time limit. "Notice of Meetings. Unless otherwise provided by provisions of law, notice of Meetings will be given to Members in accordance with policies set by the Board". Unfortunately we the board did not set a policy for this.

You are quite correct - I was reading Section 5.4, which is the Member Meeting section.
Thank you for the correction.

> To be fair, we need to provide the full view here. The motion you listed requests the board to change a motion that was accepted for the bylaws update process, allowing the execution of the at large board members issue earlier than as previously agreed, meaning now and not post the updated bylaws process. At the same line, the board can also be requested to change the motion that was accepted to run the election at the OFA workshop, and allowing that to be at any given time, post the bylaws update process.

Yes - that could be an alternative motion.
IMO, it would not be a very effective way to bring in at-large members - but it is a possibility.

> One more thing, in the last XWG meeting seems that there was a majority for "vote per organization" and not "vote per attendee". It is not being reflected below. Does that mean that another board member needs to suggest a different motion? A better process is to reflect the XWG view IMO.

The XWG minutes from the 3/9 meeting have not been submitted, unless I missed them.
Regardless of the discussion from last week, the discussion this week did not result in a majority feeling “vote per organization” was better.  (at least given the discussion)

If you would like to present a motion for consideration at next week’s special board meeting please do.
We can add it to the agenda.