[Ofa_boardplus] OFED releases

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Thu May 11 12:35:44 PDT 2017

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 06:18:38PM +0000, Atchley, Scott wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> To be clear, I was asking for two things:
>
> 1) Users need a mechanism to use features/capabilities that have not
> landed in upstream yet
>
> 2) Interoperability

Bear in mind that, except in some limited cases, OFA members are
already solving these problems, using the industry accepted 'upstream
first' collaborative process.

1) The upstream kernel is immedaitely available for pre-release
   testing of new features
2) The single kernel provides vendor co-existance and the
   collaborative testing encourages interoperability.

The way I read your email is that you think the process is too slow
for your use case?

Jason