[Ofa_boardplus] OFED releases

Christoph Lameter christoph at lameter.com
Mon May 15 09:06:00 PDT 2017

Ok that would be a different model for OFED. Provide git trees against the
relevant distro kernels and then build based on that one. Drop the ancient
code base approach. This means you would have a tree vs RH 7.3 one vs RH
7.2, one vs SUSE etc etc. Its a bit of busywork because while this is
working its also the wrong approach.

In that case one should be working closely with the distros to get the
patches from upstream into the code so that it goes through Q&A of the
linux distro.

Again we do not use OFED because we do not need to. We have worked with
upstream and Redhat and all our changes are in and are fully Q&Aed in every
release cycle by them. You are using a wrong approach that causes lots of
busywork that could be eliminated.

Distros can even do point releases for you if you have an emergency feature
that you want. Its a matter of establishing the proper support
relationships and working with upstream..... Not with OFED.