[Ofa_boardplus] collaboration product evaluation -- second and final request....

Jim Ryan jimdryan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 13:06:03 PDT 2017

....following is a copy/paste of my original request for interest in having
an account on a collaboration product. I was surprised to hear no
indication of interest beyond my own.

So, this is a second request w/the following text for background:
.
.
.
<dated 10/3>For those of you who don't know, at the last XWG meeting I was
asked to evaluate a few collaboration products to see if we should make the
product available to members when there's a need. The three I was directed
to evaluate included WebEx, Zoom and Bluejean

I have now invested a fair amount of time and I'm coming to some
preliminary conclusions. However a key driver in determining
cost-competitiveness is the number of individuals who might wish to take
advantage of this; I really have no idea.

I may be unique in needing this because I lost my collaboration option when
I retired from Intel. I doubt there are many others, if any, in this same
situation.

However, this could be a less-than-obvious beneficial option for WG chairs,
as an example. They run up against the need to hand-off meeting leadership
responsibilities when someone is on travel, vacation, etc. I know from
experience if one is using an Intel bridge, it's difficult to hand-off
responsibilities outside Intel.

I'd appreciate hearing probably directly, not via the full reflector, if
you're interested in this. This is interest; not a commitment to use or
subscribe

I hope this request is clear, but if it is not let me know, and please do
that via the reflector

thanks, Jim