[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Collaboration via Zoom

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Fri Oct 6 09:45:32 PDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 09:36:34AM -0700, Jim Ryan wrote:
> Jason, thanks, these comments continue to be extremely helpful. When I was
> learning to use Zoom I tried the recording feature it was great. I know Paul
> and Sean use this for the OFIWG meetings and they value it.

.. and we can start to see the benifit for having the OFA host this
service, as I asusme the recordings are tied to a member company's
conference service, may not be easy to locate, etc?

> I feel slightly uncomfortable stating this, but I believe there are those who
> prefer not to be recorded. I'm offering this as a gentle caution. I expect
> anyone who needs to will speak up on their own behalf.

A clear policy OFA that public working group meetings are recorded is
reasonable, in my view. The possibilities for better
collaboration. If a private discussion is required it can be scheduled
seperately. This OFA is supposed to foster an open community, after all.

Jason