[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Collaboration via Zoom

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Fri Oct 6 11:29:54 PDT 2017

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 05:31:35PM +0000, Coulter, Susan K wrote:

> We suggested recording the XWG, and possibly Board calls several
> months ago.  Intel was strongly against it, to the point of
> threatening not to participate if we turned on the recording.  The
> Intel representative was quite surprised to find out that Intel
> personnel were participating in OFIWG calls that were recorded.  So
> we gave up on that idea.

I think the working groups are different than the board meetings,
there is legal merit for a board to operate on a written minutes-only
basis.

However, in the context of an open source focused working group, if
someone has something to say that they would not be comfortable saying
in public email, or saying in a voice recording, then IMHO, perhaps
they should not say it at all.

Companies need to have an open source policy and need to ensure their
participating staff are properly trained and able to speak in this
kind of open, public, and archived, environment.

It is not different from a public mailing list conversation.

Jason