[Ofa_boardplus] OFA Collaboration via Zoom

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Tue Oct 10 10:18:20 PDT 2017

> On Oct 6, 2017, at 1:16 PM, Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 06:40:43PM +0000, Pappas, Jim wrote:
>
>> While mandatory for the BOD meetings I believe it is also good
>> organizational hygiene to have a no-recording policy for all
>> meetings of the organization.
>
> I agree with Jim's reasoning regarding the board meetings, it matches
> advice I have also received in the past.

To my mind, there is little difference between the fairly detailed minutes we have, and recordings.
That said, since we have members who feel strongly about it, that is good enough for me.
If even one member is uncomfortable with it - it is off the table.

> However, regarding the working groups, the legal risk is much
> lower, and the OFA should decide if mitigating that small legal risk
> is worth loosing the collaborative benifits of a recording.
>
> My view is that the recording is more valuable for most of the working
> groups, as the working groups do not deal with financial or legal
> matters.

+1

> Jason

Susan Coulter
LANL / USRC / HPC-DES
Network Lead
(505) 412-6525
“Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right”  Robert Hunter