[Ofa_boardplus] OFA mission request

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Thu Oct 26 11:24:16 PDT 2017

Thank you everyone for the discussion on today’s call regarding the purpose of the OFA at this juncture.
We need to come to some agreement on what our mission is.
( lower case mission, not official upper case Mission Statement )

I would like to invite everyone on this mailing list to write 2 or 3 sentences that describe what you (and your organization) believe(s) the mission of the OFA should be.

Please send these sentences to me directly - and I will accumulate them for distribution and discussion without attribution.
This will be additive to the summary of our discussions with some of the members that happened this past summer.

This is not a competition to write the winning mission statement.
It is an attempt to understand what the existing members believe the OFA should be doing.

Susan Coulter
LANL / USRC / HPC-DES
Network Lead
(505) 412-6525
“Once in a while you get shown the light
    In the strangest of places if you look at it right”  Robert Hunter