[Ofa_boardplus] OFA XWG Agenda 9/14

Bill Lee Bill at Mellanox.com
Thu Sep 14 13:35:25 PDT 2017

> 3) The bulk of the remaining budget is marketing
>
> What is this used for? Is it really Workshop expenses that should be classified as such? If so, the Workshop operates ~$75K in the red and is not break-even.

The funds spent in the MWG portion of the budget are for our PR firm.  We need them to perform the following marketing duties.  Some of these tasks are for the workshop but not exclusively for the workshop.

- Out bound promotion of the alliance
  * ghost writing blogs
  * press releases
  * signing up for speaking engagements, following up on material delivery
  * managing updates to the website and social media
- Member engagement
- Conference call management

Regards,
Bill