[Ofa_boardplus] Draft Mission Statement

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Thu Mar 15 11:17:28 PDT 2018

Rather than adding to the existing thread, I would ask the thread contributors to reprise their comments in light of the following draft mission statement:

"The mission of the OFA is to accelerate the development and adoption of advanced networks for the benefit of developers and consumers of such networks by incubating new, (vendor independent), software (stacks?) (technologies?) for fabrics, (creating industry standard specifications,) evangelizing existing and emerging technologies, and by evolving and supporting existing software for fabrics."

Please make your comments as specific as you can.  Based on those comments, we agreed today to wordsmith the existing draft in real time at next week's XWG meeting.

Regards,
-Paul

Advanced Technology Group
Cray, Inc.