OFA_OpenFabrics_Manager YANN (Yet Another New Name)

p.grun55 at gmail.com p.grun55 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:58:18 PDT 2020

It appears that OFM may not fly as a name either, which may actually be for
the best . after all, we're not building a fabric manager, we're proposing a
framework and APIs to support various fabric management applications.

I propose this as the (next) name - Fabric Management Framework - FMF.

It includes the word "Fabric",

It correctly describes what we're doing.

As far as I know, there are no objections to it (so far).

What say you all?

-Paul

Ps - it isn't even a little bit surprising that we find ourselves still
looking for a permanent name.  Maybe this one'll stick.