OFA_OpenFabrics_Manager [EXTERNAL] YANN (Yet Another New Name)

Aguilar, Michael J. mjaguil at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 4 20:54:01 PDT 2020

How about Abstract Fabric Manager Framework, then?

From: Ofa_ofm <ofa_ofm-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org> on behalf of "p.grun55 at gmail.com" <p.grun55 at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 4:58 PM
To: "ofa_ofm at lists.openfabrics.org" <ofa_ofm at lists.openfabrics.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] OFA_OpenFabrics_Manager YANN (Yet Another New Name)

It appears that OFM may not fly as a name either, which may actually be for the best … after all, we’re not building a fabric manager, we’re proposing a framework and APIs to support various fabric management applications.
I propose this as the (next) name – Fabric Management Framework – FMF.
It includes the word “Fabric”,
It correctly describes what we’re doing.
As far as I know, there are no objections to it (so far).
What say you all?
-Paul
Ps – it isn’t even a little bit surprising that we find ourselves still looking for a permanent name.  Maybe this one’ll stick.